Travelers were asked by the California Association of Bed & Breakfast Inns if they had ever stayed at a bed and breakfast, some of their answers led to the discovery of interesting myths surrounding B&Bs.
1. B&B decor is limited to lace doilies, paisley or floral wallpaper, antiques, & patchwork quilts. While many B&B are like visiting a bygone era…At Prairieside Suites Luxury Bed and Breakfast [Grandville, MI] our rooms have been professionally decorated in a timeless manor. Each room is decorated after a different part of the world says Cheri Antozak owner, innkeeper and designer of Prairieside Suites. Our spacious themed rooms create an experience in themselves. We have a Tuscan Villa, a Southern Mansion, a Spanish Hacienda, a French Riviera and an English Cottage suite. See these romantic get away Havens @ prairieside.com. Each one of these beautiful allergy free spa rooms has a clean sophisticated decor with modern furnishings, flat screen TV’s with more than 100 channels of cable TV and luxury amenities.
2. You have to share a bathroom with other guests? The majority of inns offer private bathrooms and at Prairieside Suites each guest room has it’s own private luxury bathroom with Whirlpool tub, showers, heated towel bars & heated toilet seats.
3. You have to eat breakfast with total strangers? Many inns offers guests a variety of choices for breakfast and pride themselves on accommodating guests with special diets or food allergies and we do too. At Prairieside Suites, we offer breakfast three different ways so our guests choose the experience they want.
a. We serve a full hot candle light breakfast in our dining room every morning @ 9:30
b. Or we’ll deliver a full hot breakfast to the privacy of your room @ 10am [for a $15.00 room service fee]
c. OR we’ll pack your “IN” room refrigerator with a deluxe continental breakfast so you can snuggle, sleep in and eat on YOUR schedule with full privacy.
4. You have to abide by a curfew set by the innkeeper? Curfews are one of the most common myths. At Prairieside Suites upon arrival our guests are given a warm house welcome and we use keyless entry codes so they may easily come and go as they please during their entire stay with us.
5. B&Bs are only for couples and strictly prohibit children and pets? Many inns offer a family units with multiple bedrooms and or a pet-friendly room as well. At Prairieside Suites our Southern Mansion is a flexable room that can be turned into a family suite that is also pet friendly. So we have three packages to address these needs.
Baby Package- Includes A Pack ‘n Play, Travel Swing, Changing Pad and a Baby Monitor. If you reserve the “Southern Mansion” the baby can sleep with you OR in the room next to yours which gives you the opportunity to whirlpool and watch TV without disturbing your baby. For everyone’s comfort these rooms are located side by side on the South end of the house without any other guest rooms nearby so our other guests still have their privacy too! $49.00 one time charge
Family Suite- Right next to our “Southern Mansion” is another separate bedroom with a twin daybed & twin trundle bed This allows you to have two separate bedrooms for sleeping. The kids will be sharing your bathroom, but have their own TV. For everyone’s comfort these rooms are located side by side on the South end of the house without any other guest rooms nearby…so our other guests still have their privacy too! This is a per night charge, so you need to enter the quantity of nights you’ll be here.
Traveling with a Pet? We can accept animals who sleep on the floor in our “Southern Mansion Suite” only [because it is the only room that has a vinyl floor that we can keep allergy free]. So for a charge of $25.00 a night per pet you can have your four legged kid’s stay with us too.
So why not try a bed and breakfast for your next romantic get away? The elegant decor, quiet relaxed atmosphere and convenient location (restaurants and shopping malls only minutes away), make this a perfect getaway. Seasonally enjoy our beautiful gardens, heated pool, pergola, and fountain! Prairieside Suites an “Award Winning” Luxury B&B has been featured in the “Inn Traveler Magazine” caters to getaway couples & the business traveler and is located only 6 minutes from downtown Grand Rapids. We’ve anticipated your every need. Think of this as your home away from home… that’s Open All Year long.
Come, experience my world! Cheri Antozak, Designer & Innkeeper @ Prairieside Suites Luxury Bed & Breakfast